Introduction to Wastewater Collection System (WEBINAR)
Credit: 2 CPD Hours*
* In all references to PDH: 1 PDH = 1 CPD Hour
Subject Matter Expert: M.A. Karim, P.E., PhD
Type: Live Interactive Webinar
In Introduction to Wastewater Collection System, you'll learn ...
- Be familiar with common terminology used in the wastewater collection system
- Know different types of wastewater collection system
- Understand the basic considerations of wastewater collection system design
- Be able to design a circular sewer system
- Be familiar with the construction specifications of HDPE pipes and appurtenances
The basics of wastewater collection systems will be discussed in this two hour presentation. As an introductory level webinar, we’ll begin with the definition of several terms related to wastewater collection systems. There will also be discussion about the different types of collections systems, types of sewers, shapes of sewers, and collection system appurtenances.
We will also analyze the basic considerations of sewer design and work out a few simple design problems with the help of graphs from the FE Handbook and Manning’s equation, which is widely used in the industry. Other topics to be discussed include Basic Considerations of Sewer Design, Design of Sanitary Sewers, Preparation of Contract Drawings and Specifications, Construction of Sewers, and Maintenance of Sewers.
While not all-encompassing, this webinar will present basic topics in a fashion understandable to those new to the concepts, yet challenging enough for those who have some experience in the field.
Specific Knowledge or Skill Obtained
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Common terminology used in the wastewater collection system
- Different types of wastewater collection system
- Basic considerations of wastewater collection system design
- Design of a circular sewer system
- Construction specifications of HDPE pipes and appurtenances
|Number of Stars:*||1 2 3 4 5||(Top Rating is 5 Stars)|
Your Review* Note: HTML is not translated!
Enter the two words*
Our webinars are recognised for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) by the following institutions: Engineers Australia (EA) in accordance with EA CPD Policy dated 19 February 2009; The Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) in accordance with ICE 3006A; The Institution of Professional Engineers New Zealand (IPENZ) in accordance with IPENZ CPD Good Practice Gudelines dated November 2007. For other institutions, it is recommended you check the requirements from your specific registration board. Following successful completion of the webinar, we recommend that you print off the EngineeringCPD.com certificate for your records. This may need to be produced for audit purposes. A copy of the certificate will be maintained by EngineeringCPD.com and can be found within your "My Account" area.
For more webinar information, click the following topics
|Notify me the next time this webinar is scheduled|